<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 09, 2004

Sigo sin poder dormir esta noche. Despues de chatear con mami y dormir super-tarde, no me fui de la casa hasta las 3. Mas o menos ya me puedo ubicar en el vecindario. Camine a mi banco y saque dinero, pero me trago la tarjeta y tuve que andar en telefono por casi una hora para que me ayudaran. Sale que no me dejan sacar los fondos aunque les mande un cheque de 2500 porque tienen regla que tienen que detenerlo por una semana aunque ya tienen el dinero. Me puse de nervios y no ayudo que no habia comido, asi que despues de pasar por el super, fui a comer en McDonalds. Era mas caro que en EEUU pero igual parecia menos que lo de mas. Tenia tanto hambre que ordene una cajita feliz para poder pedir el jugo que queria. Me pucieron una figura de Monsters INC asi que me hizo sonreir. Pase por las Ramblas, pero no tuvo mucho atraction--nomas unas estatuas humanas. Mas bien no creia que iva a ser tanto gentillo--turistas y locales igual creo. Me compre unas chanclas para la playa pero la mayoria de las tiendas me parecian muy caras. Me fije otra vez en la diversidad--muchos de Sur America, Africa, y China que definamente no eran turistas.

I still can´t sleep. After chatting with Mom and sleeping late, I didn't leave the apartment until 3 pm. I can pretty much find my way around the neighborhood now. I walked to Citibank and took out money, but the stupid machine swallowed my ATM card and I was on the phone for more than an hour trying to get another card and figure out why I couldn't access more funds. It turns out they don't allow me to withdraw the funds because there´s some rule that they need to hold the money for 5 days before they let me withdraw. I was kind of upset afterwards, so after stopping for some groceries, I went to eat at McDonald's. It was more expensive than the US, but it seemed cheaper than any other restaurant around. I was so hungry that I ordered a Happy Meal to be able to get the orange juice I wanted. They gave me a Monsters INC figurine which made me smile. I walked through Las Ramblas but it didn't seem very exciting--just some human statues. I didn't realize it was going to be so crowded--tourists and locals alike. I bought some flip-flops for the beach but most of the stores seemed overpriced.Struck again by diversity--many South Americans, Africans, and Chinese who were definitely not tourists.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?