Monday, May 10, 2004
First day of classes, totally exhausting because I didn“t get to sleep until past 2:30 or so. Started by going to citibank only to be told that I could have gotten the card back if I hadn't already cancelled it and if I wanted to withdraw money, I would be charged $50 for "emergency access" since Spain was not connected to U.S. accounts. Luckily it looks like I have enough money between cash and traveler's checks to pay the rent with a little left over for other stuff but it's pulling it a little close. Feel like the "penny wise, pound foolish" is applicable in this case since opening an account with citibank has been a total pain rather than making things easier since it's not as international as it would seem. Oh well.
Good lunch, got to talk to some more students. More of an organizing logistics sort of day since got tour of labs, one prof out sick, people late because bus didn't make it to La Gracia. Accordion player on train, a lot of readers. One store had a DJ in its teen section--seemed like an offbeat job to have.
+
Good lunch, got to talk to some more students. More of an organizing logistics sort of day since got tour of labs, one prof out sick, people late because bus didn't make it to La Gracia. Accordion player on train, a lot of readers. One store had a DJ in its teen section--seemed like an offbeat job to have.
+
Comments:
Post a Comment