<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 31, 2004

Blah. Another Murphy's day. Finally met with 4600 prof who assured me I could learn lisp if I committed myself to reading every word of the documentation manual. People like that seriously scare me. I was pretty depressed afterwards and it was topped off when I went home by Edu and Flor telling me I couldn't stay there anymore after 6th(hasn´t that plot already been used before??). This evening saw that they´re posting same apt on web for almost 3 times what I´m paying so I´m sure that they´re taking advantage of situation. So trying to see if it´s too late to get an internship or do summer school elsewhere.

Got an email from a childhood friend who I rediscovered on the web. Was a little funny to find out he was gay--I had been a little suspicious when it was so hard to get his contact info from his family. He has a cool job apparently--3 month vacation!

Saturday a slow start since laundry,cooking, and unloading digital camera pics took a long time. Walked around Mies van der Rohe pavillions for architecture class. Evening at university trying to do HCI paper but didn´t have password for uploading and just started stressing out about everything. Applied for several jobs. Then went to Chinese movie "Jo Dou" which was pretty depressing. Soy and her visiting boyfriend were there and I introduced her to the Chinese woman I met the last time so they chatted happily in Chinese. Soy talked about how great the hot cocoa is here so luckily we found a place next to the metro and had some incredible rich cocoa.

Sunday got called early by Estrella. We had emailed about meeting but I couldn't call her back and she didn't email until 1 am. They (her and brothers Iñaki,Fermin and Jose María) had said they'd meet me at 9 but obviously I hadn't read the message so they ended up coming to pick me up while I got ready. We drove up the mountains to Berga and Calleig del Mar. Beautiful scenery with mountains and waterfalls and stone villages with Romanesque churches. Berga is where the big Corpus Cristi celebration is going to be in a few weeks and we got a junior sized preview with kids dressed up in the cavalry and devil and angel outfits. A lot of Catalan flags in the streets and graffiti with a flag advocating independence for Berga. So at least some scenic fun.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?